POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet technology Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Tablet technology (Message 28 to 37 of 37)
From: Francois Labreque
Subject: Re: Tablet technology
Date: 20 Oct 2015 14:30:57
Message: <56268861$1@news.povray.org>

> On 18/10/2015 04:54 PM, nemesis wrote:
>> I have a tablet, I use it mostly just to read sheetmusic.  My phone
>> however, I
>> use for pretty much everything a pocket pc should prove useful, including
>> communications, media playing, web browsing, photographing and gaming...
>
> Yeah, the *other* possibility is to just buy a smartphone. But then, the
> idea of accessing the Internet with a PAYG account sounds... expensive.

You have wi-fi at home, yes?

From: scott
Date: 21 Oct 2015 06:10:38
Message: <5627649e$1@news.povray.org>
> Yes, but like all laptops more than 6 months old, the battery no longer
> functions.

You could always get a new battery. If it's a fairly common model
there's normally non-OEM ones available quite cheaply.

> I'm pretty sure the Raspberry Pi *hardware* can do this, but again I'm
> unsure about software. (Although since it's basically running Debian, it
> seems reasonable that it might work.)

Well if it's a USB interface then the Pi definitely has a working USB
port :-)

Raspbian can definitely talk to a USB DAC for *playing* audio. But lsat
time I checked the drivers were a bit buggy and you got random
split-seconds of white noise every 30 seconds or so, and switching to
different sample rates sometimes completely crashed the sound system and
hung whatever app you were running. I ended up going back to the
analogue audio output. But it might be fixed by now, or just my DAC was
strage, IDK.

Post a reply to this message