POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet technology : Re: Tablet technology Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:47:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tablet technology
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Oct 2015 12:13:36
Message: <5627b9b0@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 19:25:39 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 10/20/2015 6:11 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> It seems that playing iPlayer on the TV would be like watching TV.:)
>>

> I wouldn't know. :-(
> I don't think I've watched TV for a couple of years except for some
> comedy programmes on Freeview*.
>
> I lost the habit years ago before there was satellite TV. When I was on
> the rigs. Radio 4 was all we could get and that was on Long Wave.

We just recently got a cable subscription again (when I got laid off in
2011, it was the first thing to go to save money), so we've got a handful
of shows we're watching.  But unlike before, when it was costing us
upwards of $130/month for a basic digital package with HD, we're now
paying only about $30 more than we were for our Internet connection, and
the 'net connection is a business expense (so I get reimbursed for it).

>> But yeah, I've got the iPlayer app installed on something here.  Not
>> that I can watch TV with it, but I can listen to some radio programmes
>> with it.
>
> I use get_iplayer as a PVR.

Yeah, I've been using that for years.  But there have been instances
where it was just more convenient to stream directly.

Jim