POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet technology : Re: Tablet technology Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:07:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tablet technology
From: scott
Date: 21 Oct 2015 06:10:38
Message: <5627649e$1@news.povray.org>
> Yes, but like all laptops more than 6 months old, the battery no longer
> functions.

You could always get a new battery. If it's a fairly common model
there's normally non-OEM ones available quite cheaply.

> I'm pretty sure the Raspberry Pi *hardware* can do this, but again I'm
> unsure about software. (Although since it's basically running Debian, it
> seems reasonable that it might work.)

Well if it's a USB interface then the Pi definitely has a working USB
port :-)

Raspbian can definitely talk to a USB DAC for *playing* audio. But lsat
time I checked the drivers were a bit buggy and you got random
split-seconds of white noise every 30 seconds or so, and switching to
different sample rates sometimes completely crashed the sound system and
hung whatever app you were running. I ended up going back to the
analogue audio output. But it might be fixed by now, or just my DAC was
strage, IDK.