POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet technology : Re: Tablet technology Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tablet technology
From: scott
Date: 29 Oct 2015 04:18:19
Message: <5631d64b$1@news.povray.org>
> If I download the Andriod SDK, it comes with a device emulator, right?
>
> Question: Can I use that to just, you know, *run Andriod*? Or will it
> *only* let you run apps you just developed?
>
> Obviously if you're emulating a phone, you can't actually make calls
> with it. But can it simulate everything else? If so, this seems like the
> easiest and cheapest way to find out what it's like to use...

No. It's slow, you can't use your fingers on the screen, and the
resolution may well be larger than your monitor (vertically at least).
But yes, you can navigate through the Android OS once you exit your app
(IIRC it starts your app automatically with the emulator).

Why don't you just go to a shop that has these things on display (eg a
big Tescos) and have a play?