POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet technology Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Tablet technology (Message 21 to 30 of 37)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: scott
Subject: Re: Tablet technology
Date: 20 Oct 2015 03:18:22
Message: <5625eabe$1@news.povray.org>
> Trouble is, the set of places where I'm allowed to make noise and the
> set of places where my PC is have an empty intersection. I can use my
> laptop, but it's big and heavy and requires mains power to operate.

I thought a laptop had a battery? Sounds to me like a small laptop would
be better than a tablet. You get a real keyboard, ability to install
lots of developer tools, and easily interface to various bits of
hardware via well-tested drivers and software.

> A tablet is obviously much smaller. I have no idea whether any of them
> can act as a USB *host*, nor whether Andriod has drivers for something
> as exotic as a USB audio interface. I doubt you can run Audacity, but it
> can't be *that* hard to hack together a simple Java console program that
> starts or stops recording on a certain key-press...

This was the first result from google:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro&hl=en_GB

I suggest you get hold of a phone and try it out with your hardware, in
the page above there is also a trial version to test if your hardware
works or not with it.

If that doesn't work I suspect you'll have a far more painless journey
with a laptop.

Post a reply to this message