POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet technology : Re: Tablet technology Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:39:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tablet technology
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 20 Oct 2015 13:10:16
Message: <56267578$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/10/2015 08:18 AM, scott wrote:
>> Trouble is, the set of places where I'm allowed to make noise and the
>> set of places where my PC is have an empty intersection. I can use my
>> laptop, but it's big and heavy and requires mains power to operate.
>
> I thought a laptop had a battery?

Yes, but like all laptops more than 6 months old, the battery no longer
functions.

(Well, OK, that's a bit unfair. I still get about 20 minutes of runtime
out of it...)

> Sounds to me like a small laptop would
> be better than a tablet.

Yeah, that's the other possibility of course...

> This was the first result from google:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro&hl=en_GB

7.9MB?! o_O

Not that I suppose that's a problem, I'm just surprised it's that big...
Man, I feel old now!

> I suggest you get hold of a phone and try it out with your hardware, in
> the page above there is also a trial version to test if your hardware
> works or not with it.
>
> If that doesn't work I suspect you'll have a far more painless journey
> with a laptop.

Yeah, you could be right.

I'm pretty sure the Raspberry Pi *hardware* can do this, but again I'm
unsure about software. (Although since it's basically running Debian, it
seems reasonable that it might work.)