POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet technology : Re: Tablet technology Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:40:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tablet technology
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Oct 2015 14:25:43
Message: <56268727$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/20/2015 6:11 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> It seems that playing iPlayer on the TV would be like watching TV.:)

I wouldn't know. :-(
I don't think I've watched TV for a couple of years except for some
comedy programmes on Freeview*.

I lost the habit years ago before there was satellite TV. When I was on
the rigs. Radio 4 was all we could get and that was on Long Wave.

> But yeah, I've got the iPlayer app installed on something here.  Not that
> I can watch TV with it, but I can listen to some radio programmes with it.

I use get_iplayer as a PVR.

*
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeview_%28UK%29

--