POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: RSoCP by UberPOV Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:49:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RSoCP by UberPOV (Message 18 to 27 of 37)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: RSoCP by UberPOV
Date: 2 Jul 2015 04:45:47
Message: <5594fa3b$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/2/2015 8:35 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> The most funny thing is that 12:15 PM is before 02:03 PM.
>
> 12 before 2, come on...

Modular arithmetic is easy enough to learn. Even Children can do it.

You are really talking about Metric Vs Imperial units and the mind sets
required to use them.

An interesting topic.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Jul 2015 04:51:16
Message: <5594fb84$1@news.povray.org>

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 2 Jul 2015 05:26:37
Message: <559503cd$1@news.povray.org>
> Do you remember when the 24 hour clock was called the* Continental clock
> or Continental time?

No, maybe I am too young... I vaguely remember having lessons on the 24
hour clock at school, must have been about '86.

Thinking about it, every digital clock I use is in 24 hour format, I
thought it was only my mum who still used the 12 hour clock. She had
obviously reset her car clock at some point, as it was 12 hours out of
sync, showing "19:45" on the way to work!

Post a reply to this message

>> Do you remember when the 24 hour clock was called the* Continental clock
>> or Continental time?
>
> No, maybe I am too young... I vaguely remember having lessons on the 24
> hour clock at school, must have been about '86.

I am a bit older and Continental time was thought of as one of those
cute oddities that "the Continent" had. Along with tooth picks and not
putting olive oil in your ear.

> Thinking about it, every digital clock I use is in 24 hour format, I
> thought it was only my mum who still used the 12 hour clock.

Nope! She is not the only one.
I use the 12hr clock in my personal life and, depending where I am
working, the local preference. I've missed a couple of trains that way.
Sitting in the pub thinking that I have an extra couple of hours.

> She had
> obviously reset her car clock at some point, as it was 12 hours out of
> sync, showing "19:45" on the way to work!

I wonder if she even noticed?
Except for 20:00 and 24:00 I automatically translate the time into 12hr.
The except for, is why I've missed trains. :(

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message