POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: RSoCP by UberPOV : Re: RSoCP by UberPOV Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RSoCP by UberPOV
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Jul 2015 06:16:37
Message: <55950f85$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/2/2015 10:26 AM, scott wrote:
>> Do you remember when the 24 hour clock was called the* Continental clock
>> or Continental time?
>
> No, maybe I am too young... I vaguely remember having lessons on the 24
> hour clock at school, must have been about '86.

I am a bit older and Continental time was thought of as one of those
cute oddities that "the Continent" had. Along with tooth picks and not
putting olive oil in your ear.

> Thinking about it, every digital clock I use is in 24 hour format, I
> thought it was only my mum who still used the 12 hour clock.

Nope! She is not the only one.
I use the 12hr clock in my personal life and, depending where I am
working, the local preference. I've missed a couple of trains that way.
Sitting in the pub thinking that I have an extra couple of hours.

> She had
> obviously reset her car clock at some point, as it was 12 hours out of
> sync, showing "19:45" on the way to work!

I wonder if she even noticed?
Except for 20:00 and 24:00 I automatically translate the time into 12hr.
The except for, is why I've missed trains. :(

--

Regards
     Stephen