POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: RSoCP by UberPOV : Re: RSoCP by UberPOV Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RSoCP by UberPOV
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Jul 2015 07:23:45
Message: <55951f41$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/2/2015 9:51 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> No, no. No "imperial vs metric (is better)" here.

Yes, it does sound better, in English. I was just being polite.

> Just the strange counting : 11 AM, 12 PM, 1 PM, 2 PM...
>   11 PM, 12 AM, 1 AM, 2 AM ...
>
> India is far far far away land, but the invention of 0 could have
> reached every part of Earth by now.
>
> You have 11 golden apples, add one apple, what do you get ? 12
> apples... red ?
>
> If at least 11AM was followed by 12AM. At least the military fixed it.

Again it is mind sets. The 12hr clock system is not continuous. There
is; before noon, noon, after noon and midnight. Noon and midnight are
instants.
So we have the eleventh hour of the day followed by midday followed by
the first hour after midday. Calling noon and midnight twelve o' clock,
is just for convenience.
So having grown up knowing that. It is as obvious as, one is 1 and two
is not too.
Add that to a dozen inches in a foot, 5280 feet in a mile and sixteen
ounces in a pound. You get units that you have to think about when you
use them. Surely you don't think having to use your brain is bad?

--

Regards
     Stephen