POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? (Message 1 to 10 of 126)
From: clipka
Subject: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy?
Date: 21 Sep 2014 11:45:10
Message: <541ef286$1@news.povray.org>
Is it just a biased perspective caused by a poor sampling method (just
browsing YouTube), or are Christian fundamentalists in the USA currently
zeroing in on a new enemy?

Before 9/11, "the beast" of Revelations seems to have been identified
mostly as either the Vatican or the UN.

In the decade after 9/11, Christian fundamentalists seem to have been
entirely focused on Islam as their favorite Evil Incarnate.

Now I find videos on YouTube that identify "the beast" with the EU in
general or Germany in particular.

Did I just chance upon a small subset of US-American Christian
fundamentalism, or is this an actual trend? I'd find the latter quite
alarming.

Post a reply to this message

> Is it just a biased perspective caused by a poor sampling method (just
> browsing YouTube), or are Christian fundamentalists in the USA currently
> zeroing in on a new enemy?
>
> Before 9/11, "the beast" of Revelations seems to have been identified
> mostly as either the Vatican or the UN.
>
> In the decade after 9/11, Christian fundamentalists seem to have been
> entirely focused on Islam as their favorite Evil Incarnate.
>
> Now I find videos on YouTube that identify "the beast" with the EU in
> general or Germany in particular.
>
> Did I just chance upon a small subset of US-American Christian
> fundamentalism, or is this an actual trend? I'd find the latter quite
> alarming.

Oh Yes, I've noticed that too.
Definitely the EU and the masters of that abdominal country. France gets
it too. Anyone who criticises America is in the Devils pocket. And as
Germany is the financial power of the EU (can you believe that the EU
takes American companies to court?). You are Evil incarnate. England
(I'll let the wanton ignorance pass for once) is okay because they like
poodles with teeth. But if we deign to disapprove then we are a wee
scumbag of an island.

In my opinion.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 17:44:52 +0200, clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

> Is it just a biased perspective caused by a poor sampling method (just
> browsing YouTube), or are Christian fundamentalists in the USA currently
> zeroing in on a new enemy?
>
> Before 9/11, "the beast" of Revelations seems to have been identified
> mostly as either the Vatican or the UN.
>
> In the decade after 9/11, Christian fundamentalists seem to have been
> entirely focused on Islam as their favorite Evil Incarnate.
>
> Now I find videos on YouTube that identify "the beast" with the EU in
> general or Germany in particular.
>
> Did I just chance upon a small subset of US-American Christian
> fundamentalism, or is this an actual trend? I'd find the latter quite
> alarming.

I see these "Beast" identifiers in the same light as Rapture Date
Prophets. They keep changing their target. I think they're just looking
for attention because their churches are running empty or something.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

>> Is it just a biased perspective caused by a poor sampling method (just
>> browsing YouTube), or are Christian fundamentalists in the USA currently
>> zeroing in on a new enemy?
>>
>> Before 9/11, "the beast" of Revelations seems to have been identified
>> mostly as either the Vatican or the UN.
>>
>> In the decade after 9/11, Christian fundamentalists seem to have been
>> entirely focused on Islam as their favorite Evil Incarnate.
>>
>> Now I find videos on YouTube that identify "the beast" with the EU in
>> general or Germany in particular.
>>
>> Did I just chance upon a small subset of US-American Christian
>> fundamentalism, or is this an actual trend? I'd find the latter quite
>> alarming.
>
> Oh Yes, I've noticed that too.
> Definitely the EU and the masters of that abdominal country. France gets
> it too. Anyone who criticises America is in the Devils pocket. And as
> Germany is the financial power of the EU (can you believe that the EU
> takes American companies to court?). You are Evil incarnate. England
> (I'll let the wanton ignorance pass for once) is okay because they like
> poodles with teeth. But if we deign to disapprove then we are a wee
> scumbag of an island.
>
> In my opinion.

you mean that the US is noticing that its influence in the world is
rapidly declining, so if they want to attack everyone that has influence
in the same ballpark, the number of targets is increasing?

Another explanation: a post hoc justification for spying on the
bundeskanzler and other European allies?

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.

Post a reply to this message

> you mean that the US is noticing that its influence in the world is
> rapidly declining, so if they want to attack everyone that has influence
> in the same ballpark, the number of targets is increasing?
>
> Another explanation: a post hoc justification for spying on the
> bundeskanzler and other European allies?

Christian fundamentalists, in the States. You know, the real fruit loops.
As for the American government spying on their friends. They need to
know that they are friends. I am sure that most governments would do the
same if they could. The crime is getting caught.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message