POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? : Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Sep 2014 22:02:41
Message: <541f8341$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 17:44:52 +0200, clipka wrote:

> Before 9/11, "the beast" of Revelations seems to have been identified
> mostly as either the Vatican or the UN.

The thing that I find really interesting is that one of the things that
was perceived to be wrong with John Kerry (similar to the issue some had
with JFK as a candidate) was the idea that their Catholicism meant that
they would be controlled by the Pope.

Yet look at the makeup of SCOTUS, look at the rulings, and tell me that
the biggest issue of this nature is actually isn't the appointed justices
on the highest court in the US.

Jim