POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:35:42 EDT (-0400)
  Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy?
From: clipka
Date: 21 Sep 2014 11:45:10
Message: <541ef286$1@news.povray.org>
Is it just a biased perspective caused by a poor sampling method (just
browsing YouTube), or are Christian fundamentalists in the USA currently
zeroing in on a new enemy?

Before 9/11, "the beast" of Revelations seems to have been identified
mostly as either the Vatican or the UN.

In the decade after 9/11, Christian fundamentalists seem to have been
entirely focused on Islam as their favorite Evil Incarnate.

Now I find videos on YouTube that identify "the beast" with the EU in
general or Germany in particular.

Did I just chance upon a small subset of US-American Christian
fundamentalism, or is this an actual trend? I'd find the latter quite
alarming.