POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? : Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:29:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy?
From: andrel
Date: 21 Sep 2014 15:57:34
Message: <541F2DA4.5060501@gmail.com>
On 21-9-2014 19:14, Stephen wrote:
> On 21/09/2014 16:44, clipka wrote:
>> Is it just a biased perspective caused by a poor sampling method (just
>> browsing YouTube), or are Christian fundamentalists in the USA currently
>> zeroing in on a new enemy?
>>
>> Before 9/11, "the beast" of Revelations seems to have been identified
>> mostly as either the Vatican or the UN.
>>
>> In the decade after 9/11, Christian fundamentalists seem to have been
>> entirely focused on Islam as their favorite Evil Incarnate.
>>
>> Now I find videos on YouTube that identify "the beast" with the EU in
>> general or Germany in particular.
>>
>> Did I just chance upon a small subset of US-American Christian
>> fundamentalism, or is this an actual trend? I'd find the latter quite
>> alarming.
>
> Oh Yes, I've noticed that too.
> Definitely the EU and the masters of that abdominal country. France gets
> it too. Anyone who criticises America is in the Devils pocket. And as
> Germany is the financial power of the EU (can you believe that the EU
> takes American companies to court?). You are Evil incarnate. England
> (I'll let the wanton ignorance pass for once) is okay because they like
> poodles with teeth. But if we deign to disapprove then we are a wee
> scumbag of an island.
>
> In my opinion.

you mean that the US is noticing that its influence in the world is
rapidly declining, so if they want to attack everyone that has influence
in the same ballpark, the number of targets is increasing?

Another explanation: a post hoc justification for spying on the
bundeskanzler and other European allies?

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.