POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Those who wait Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Those who wait (Message 31 to 40 of 66)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Those who wait
Date: 30 Jul 2014 19:50:56
Message: <53d984e0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.07.2014 20:03, schrieb Patrick Elliott:
> On 7/30/2014 1:13 AM, scott wrote:
>>> Trouble is, those mini fluorescent things take about quarter of an hour
>>> to turn on...
>>
>> They must be *very* old ones then. Even the 99p ones that Tesco were
>> selling a while back turn on instantly. Given the price of them, and
>> even the price of LED lights now, it's pretty much a no-brainer to just
>> throw all your incandescent bulbs in the bin immediately.
>
> Yes well.. Here in the good old US, you get morons like the one who
> tried to tell me that, "other lights hurt my eyes", which I supposed
> meant that the dimwit was still trying to use the really old ones, which
> flicker, and thought that the new ones did too. He also whined about
> them not being "natural light", which is, you know, the whole point of
> the bulbs with a blue coloration to them, to make them more natural, as
> per outdoor light. So the clown was actually complaining that he didn't
> like light that actually bloody **was** a more natural color, instead of
> the ugly yellowish stuff standard incandescents produce. lol

For private homes it's probably healthier -- in terms of day/night
rhythm and anything related to that -- to use the more yellowish stuff.

On the other hand, for work places where good old daylight isn't
sufficiently available for one reason or another, bright blueish
illumination is kind of a must. But they've mostly been using
fluorescent lamps for ages anyway.

Post a reply to this message