POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Those who wait : Re: Those who wait Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:35:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Those who wait
From: scott
Date: 31 Jul 2014 11:44:29
Message: <53da645d$1@news.povray.org>
> I don't know about the UK, but in Germany such kitchen lights would
> often not be fluorescent tubes at all, but so-called "Linienlampen" -
> incandescent light bulbs in a tubular shape with a long filament and
> special sockets.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linienlampe#mediaviewer/Datei:Linestra_with_visible_filament.jpg

Ooh interesting, never seen or heard of that before. I don't think they
were very common, if available at all here. All the ones I remember
always had the starter ballast in the side, which presumably is not
needed for the Linienlampen.