POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Those who wait : Re: Those who wait Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Those who wait
From: clipka
Date: 31 Jul 2014 11:06:23
Message: <53da5b6f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.07.2014 15:44, schrieb scott:

>> As a matter of fact, my new flat has LED downlighters in the ceiling of
>> the kitchen. Consequently, no matter where you stand, you are ALWAYS
>> casting a shadow over the work surface. A normal light, suspended just
>> below the ceiling and throwing light in all directions, doesn't seem to
>> suffer this problem nearly as much.
>
> That's because they are downlighter spots, nothing to do with the fact
> that they are LED. You'd have the same issue with halogen spots.
> Kitchens often used to have full-sized fluorescent tubes, which actually
> worked quite well, they just went out of fashion.

I don't know about the UK, but in Germany such kitchen lights would
often not be fluorescent tubes at all, but so-called "Linienlampen" -
incandescent light bulbs in a tubular shape with a long filament and
special sockets.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linienlampe#mediaviewer/Datei:Linestra_with_visible_filament.jpg