POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Stunned!!!! (Message 111 to 120 of 124)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Stunned!!!!
Date: 4 Aug 2014 12:55:18
Message: <53dfbaf6$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/08/2014 17:27, Warp wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28616115
>
> "She said many were worried about being ostracised or were even scared
> of violence if they revealed they did not believe in God."
>
> Ah, the peaceful, tolerant, loving American Christians...

We must remember that the Founding Fathers did not leave Europe fleeing
religious intolerance. But to practice it.
Then the south had a lot of Scottish protestants settling it and a more
intolerant lot you would not meet in a month of Sundays.

> I think they have misunderstood what "turn the other cheek" means.
> It doesn't mean "hit the unbeliever in the cheek, then turn their
> other cheek and hit it as well".

That does seem to be the favoured interpretation. Run a close second by:
Do unto others what the would do unto you. But first.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message