POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Assessment Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  Assessment (Message 21 to 30 of 64)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Assessment
Date: 13 Nov 2013 17:25:04
Message: <5283fc40$1@news.povray.org>
Le 13/11/2013 23:19, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
>>> Enterprise Java Beans... LMAO!
>>
>> good to know I brought to your attention this decade-old tech
>
> You know, I once started reading about WTF a "bean" actually is...
>
> ...a decade later, I *still* have no idea! I hypothesise that it's a
> software design fad.
>
> (It still amuses me how every five years or so the industry oscillates
> between thinking that fat clients are best, and then thinking that thin
> clients are best. In truth, both have advantages. But at any given
> moment, the industry claims that one is "the future" and the other is
> "legacy"...)

they have the same oscillations about their market: "we need to extend
the applications of our product(s) to new domain"..."we need concentrate
on our heart-skill and drop the border for better competitivity"...

The military had it easier: To Do and Undo is still a work, do not
execute an order before the counter-order has arrived.

Post a reply to this message