POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Assessment : Re: Assessment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assessment
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 13 Nov 2013 20:44:55
Message: <52842b17$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2013-11-13 17:49, Orchid Win7 v1 a écrit :
>>> *mumble something about the company not actually having any defined
>>> direction*
>>
>> Certainly someone must have an idea what the company does.
>
> Remember that "the company" consists of less than 10 humans [decimal].
> When a company is that tiny, they don't necessarily have a grand
> "corporate vision" laid out in meticulous detail.
>
>  From what I can gather, the business owner's plan is to make a product
> that does everything for everybody. Every time a customer mentions
> something the product doesn't do, we must immediately implement that
> feature.
>
> I presume I don't need to explain why this is a flawed approach?
>
>> You're very
>> secretive about even where you work, so it's kinda difficult to provide
>> specific information.
>>
>> What market does the company serve?  Who are its competitors?
>
> Put simply, we make stuff used by several foreign governments, and if
> you want to know exactly what it does, you're going to need security
> clearance.
>
> Not joking.

Them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FinFisher

> That probably makes it sound *far* more exciting than it actually is.
> But obviously I'm not going to sit here and talk about it on some random
> Internet forum that anybody can read.
>
> What I can tell you is this: There are only so many governments in the
> world. So our market is small, and competing products number dozens
> rather than thousands or something.
>
>>> Thing is, if I say "I wrote some code", that's too short. And if I
>>> describe everything I implemented - even just the noteworthy stuff -
>>> that's *way* too long.
>>
>> There's a middle ground.  "I wrote code that does 'x'" - as a summary,
>> not a detailed description.
>
> Well, this year I wrote code for about 25 different small tasks. A list
> of 25 items seems a little excessive though...

No.  Not at all.

You may want to group them in categories if some of those tasks are
similar.  Or only give 2 or 3 main ones as an example.

Ex:
- Created installation scripts for X, Y, and Z.
- Created, implemented testing plan for 23 modules (main ones being Foo,
Bar and Baz).
- Etc...