POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Assessment : Re: Assessment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assessment
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Nov 2013 18:52:20
Message: <528410b4$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 22:14:00 +0000, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> If it were noticed that I was only pretending to work, I'd probably be
> fired on the spot. That doesn't mean that my work is critical to meeting
> deadlines - it's just that, why would you pay somebody to do nothing?

They actually hired you to do a job, and you're doing it - so as a self-
assessment, you need to talk about how you're doing the job they're
paying you to do.

You're still relatively new to the organization, so it's entirely
possible that your tasks to date haven't been mission-critical deadline
items, but you need to talk about them in the assessment, certainly.
Getting things done earns you more responsibility, more visibility, and
ultimately (it's generally hoped) more pay.

So look at this another way - they interviewed you, hired you, and seem
to be happy with the job you're doing, right?  So don't tell them they're
stupid by saying that what you do doesn't matter.

Jim