POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The search continues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  The search continues (Message 21 to 30 of 104)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: The search continues
Date: 4 Aug 2012 17:27:57
Message: <501d93dd$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 22:48:06 +0200, clipka wrote:

> Step #2: In the interview, be open, don't wear a mask; let them feel
> that you're not hiding anything and that your word can be trusted. Be
> active, don't just sit there answering their questions - proactively
> shove your relevant skills into their face (figuratively speaking :-)).
> Don't hesitate to talk about stuff you did for fun, and how it relates
> to the job you're applying for. Let them feel that you'd be eager to get
> /this/ particular job.

This ^^^^^

The interview process is a BS-detector process.  If you lie on your CV
about being able to code in a particular language, this will become
apparent during a well-conducted interview.

In the end, if one lies on their CV about a skill and the company ends up
not detecting the BS and hires the candidate, the candidate will end up
not staying in the job for very long.  This is one of the reasons why
hiring managers get nervous about 'job hoppers'.  It can mean that
they're unqualified for the positions they've taken.  It can mean that
they're flaky and opportunistic.  Neither of these traits is a good trait
for a new employee to have.

Jim

Post a reply to this message