POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The search continues : Re: The search continues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The search continues
From: andrel
Date: 4 Aug 2012 17:37:09
Message: <501D9604.2040605@gmail.com>
On 4-8-2012 22:35, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 04/08/2012 09:09 PM, waggy wrote:
>> Darren New wrote:
>>> You know someone, and they recommend a position for you. If you were
>>> willing
>>> to move to where someone on p.o-t lives, there would probably be people
>>> offering you jobs based on what they know of you here.
>>>
>> This.  Looking back on it, most of the positions I've held, including
>> those
>> while I was active duty in the military, I got through word-of-mouth
>> referral,
>> despite the fact that I suck at networking.
>
> ...right... so given that I don't know anybody, I should just give up
> now? Is that what you're saying?

Hmm, why are you talking to people you don't know?

Even if we can't offer you a job (or at least not close enough to your
mothers house, so you will turn it down anyway), we might still know
somebody in our network. And we an testify that you
- are a good technical writer
- are very motivated to learn new things
- have in some areas of CS a good knowledge, in particular in the more
mathematical fields
- do not have a problem posting about internal issues in your company

--
Women are the canaries of science. When they are underrepresented
it is a strong indication that non-scientific factors play a role