POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The search continues : Re: The search continues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The search continues
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Aug 2012 17:52:47
Message: <501d99af$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 21:35:04 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> ...right... so given that I don't know anybody, I should just give up
> now?
> Is that what you're saying?

You know people here. You know coworkers that you work with - coworkers
who are all in the same boat as you are.

That actually gives you a leg up in finding jobs in other companies
together.  When I was laid off from Novell (and my former coworkers at
Albertsons are learning this now as well as they've all just been made
redundant), those of us who were laid off looked out for each other.

Take some time and talk with some of your soon-to-be former coworkers.
Ask them what they are looking for, tell them what you're looking for.
If you see something that looks like it might be a good fit for them,
tell them - they'll do the same for you.

They are in a position to empathize with your situation because you share
it.  That's something that you all can benefit from.

Jim