POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Americans really are sue-happy... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Americans really are sue-happy... (Message 1 to 10 of 58)
From: Warp
Subject: Americans really are sue-happy...
Date: 18 Feb 2012 14:30:32
Message: <4f3ffc57@news.povray.org>
This crosses the line between stupid and outright sick in the head:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079940/Dead-man-killed-tragic-train-collision-CAN-sued-woman-injured-flying-body-parts.html

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Americans really are sue-happy...
Date: 18 Feb 2012 17:31:46
Message: <4f4026d2$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/18/2012 11:30, Warp wrote:
>    This crosses the line between stupid and outright sick in the head:

Meh. She's suing the estate to get paid her medical expenses.  A bit gory,
but remember we don't have government-paid medicine here.  If she sues the
train company and it gets turned down on the grounds "don't be an idiot,
it's a train", then she sues the idiot. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> >    This crosses the line between stupid and outright sick in the head:

> Meh. She's suing the estate to get paid her medical expenses.  A bit gory,
> but remember we don't have government-paid medicine here.

  I don't understand how that justifies it in any way.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message