POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Americans really are sue-happy... : Re: Americans really are sue-happy... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Americans really are sue-happy...
From: clipka
Date: 19 Feb 2012 16:02:08
Message: <4f416350$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.02.2012 20:33, schrieb Warp:
> Darren New<dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:
>> On 2/18/2012 11:30, Warp wrote:
>>>     This crosses the line between stupid and outright sick in the head:
>
>> Meh. She's suing the estate to get paid her medical expenses.  A bit gory,
>> but remember we don't have government-paid medicine here.
>
>    I don't understand how that justifies it in any way.

Picture yourself in that woman's position: One moment you are standing
on the platform thinking no harm and doing nothing wrong, next moment
you've got a broken leg and wrist; the hospital won't give you any care
unless they know who's paying; your medical insurance isn't, due to some
random loophole of the policy (so now you know why it was so cheap that
you could afford it); neither is the government, because hey, this is
America, so don't any government dare take from the rich and give to the
poor.

Bottom line: Unless you want to spend the future walking around with a
crippled leg and wrist, you've got to find /someone/ to blame for your
misfortune and force them to pay.