POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Americans really are sue-happy... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:41 EDT (-0400)
  Americans really are sue-happy... (Message 29 to 38 of 58)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Americans really are sue-happy...
Date: 20 Feb 2012 10:30:24
Message: <4f426710@news.povray.org>
> Not just "someone." The person who actually injured you. Don't hyperbole and
> it'll make more sense.

  You make it sound like that person did it on purpose and hence is guilty
of a crime.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 20 Feb 2012 10:35:11
Message: <4f42682f@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> In the Netherlands the heirs inherit everything a person owns including
> his debts.

  Imagine someone is living his life just minding his own business,
doing his work, paying his taxes and contributing to society as a good
citizen. Then some official comes to him and says "hey, your uncle,
which you have never even heard of, just died and you are his only
heir, so you inherit everything." This guy is like "cool! How much do
I get?" "Nothing. Your uncle had ten millions in debt, and now it's
yours. I'm here to collect or put you in jail if you can't pay."

  Nice.

  (And no, I don't know how it's in Finland.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message