POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Americans really are sue-happy... : Re: Americans really are sue-happy... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Americans really are sue-happy...
From: Warp
Date: 20 Feb 2012 10:35:11
Message: <4f42682f@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> In the Netherlands the heirs inherit everything a person owns including
> his debts.

  Imagine someone is living his life just minding his own business,
doing his work, paying his taxes and contributing to society as a good
citizen. Then some official comes to him and says "hey, your uncle,
which you have never even heard of, just died and you are his only
heir, so you inherit everything." This guy is like "cool! How much do
I get?" "Nothing. Your uncle had ten millions in debt, and now it's
yours. I'm here to collect or put you in jail if you can't pay."

  Nice.

  (And no, I don't know how it's in Finland.)

--
                                                          - Warp