POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Americans really are sue-happy... : Re: Americans really are sue-happy... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Americans really are sue-happy...
From: Warp
Date: 20 Feb 2012 10:38:40
Message: <4f426900@news.povray.org>
> So tell us, what should this woman have done?  Just lived with the injury
> because the healthcare system is broken and she's not in a personal
> position to fix it?

  What exactly are you suggesting?

  Imagine that she had a pure accident where no other person was involved.
Maybe she was walking in the wild and a tree branch fell over her. What
should she do? Sue somebody until someone pays her bills?

  If you live in a country where an accident can leave you crippled for
the rest of your life because you don't have money to fix yourself, then
perhaps it would be better to move to some other country. It's not like
you would have to move very far. I hear the public health care system in
Canada is pretty ok.

--
                                                          - Warp