POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livecoding in Haskell Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Livecoding in Haskell (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Livecoding in Haskell
Date: 24 Jan 2012 19:16:30
Message: <4f1f49de$1@news.povray.org>
I don't read these groups regularly these days so perhaps this was posted
before.
Just in case Andrew didn't see it: this guy makes music by coding in
Haskell... live!
http://yaxu.org/category/livecoding/

G.

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Livecoding in Haskell
Date: 25 Jan 2012 10:59:08
Message: <4f2026cc@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran escreveu:
> I don't read these groups regularly these days so perhaps this was
> posted before.
> Just in case Andrew didn't see it: this guy makes music by coding in
> Haskell... live!
> http://yaxu.org/category/livecoding/

bah, these Haskell guys are always late and derivative in the ideas:

http://www.imagine27.com/articles/2009-04-09-010147_live_lisp_art_opengl_synth_sound.html
http://impromptu.moso.com.au/gallery.html

perhaps they've spent too much time in compiling and getting the types
right? ;)

BTW, a very interesting topic no doubt.  More info on it:
http://toplap.org/index.php/Main_Page

I always felt like old music composers such as Bach to be programmers by
nature...

Post a reply to this message

> bah, these Haskell guys are always late and derivative in the ideas

That's like saying that every 20th century novelist is "late and
derivative in the ideas" because there were writers in the 19th century
also. :-P

> perhaps they've spent too much time in compiling and getting the types
> right? ;)

That's like saying "perhaps the Lisp guys spent too much time in getting
the brackets right?"

Post a reply to this message