POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livecoding in Haskell : Re: Livecoding in Haskell Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Livecoding in Haskell
From: nemesis
Date: 27 Jan 2012 07:45:00
Message: <web.4f229b888decd384fdaea3f0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> On 27/01/2012 04:28 AM, Darren New wrote:
>
> > Yeah. I use Eclipse at work, and I'll call BS on that one. I spend way
> > more time taking out the stupid shit Eclipse inserts than I do inserting
> > punctuation myself.
>
> Heh, and I thought Eclipse was supposed to be the best IDE ever. :-P
>
> But yeah, that sounds more or less like every IDE I've ever used... I
> guess that's why I don't use an IDE very often? (Apart from the extreme
> cost. And the lack of support for the formats I want to work with...)

Fighting the IDE is not a good idea.  It's only inserting stupid shit because
your stupid shit language demands it.  That and "best enterprise practices".  If
you waste time and energy removing boilerplate that is the very goal of an IDE,
you'd rather just use a simpler language and straight text editor... of course,
if there's no bossy whip behind you...