POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livecoding in Haskell : Re: Livecoding in Haskell Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Livecoding in Haskell
From: nemesis
Date: 25 Jan 2012 10:59:08
Message: <4f2026cc@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran escreveu:
> I don't read these groups regularly these days so perhaps this was
> posted before.
> Just in case Andrew didn't see it: this guy makes music by coding in
> Haskell... live!
> http://yaxu.org/category/livecoding/

bah, these Haskell guys are always late and derivative in the ideas:

http://www.imagine27.com/articles/2009-04-09-010147_live_lisp_art_opengl_synth_sound.html
http://impromptu.moso.com.au/gallery.html

perhaps they've spent too much time in compiling and getting the types
right? ;)

BTW, a very interesting topic no doubt.  More info on it:
http://toplap.org/index.php/Main_Page

I always felt like old music composers such as Bach to be programmers by
nature...