POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It had to happen again... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:26:55 EDT (-0400)
  It had to happen again... (Message 31 to 40 of 54)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: It had to happen again...
Date: 1 Apr 2011 06:53:37
Message: <4d95aeb1@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> Don't forget games for the PC that quote 1GB or 2GB RAM requirements
> need to accomodate the Windows OS and all other running services and
> apps as well as the game itself.

  The OS doesn't take half a gigabyte of RAM. That would be ridiculous
(even for Windows). You can actually see the amount of free RAM from the
task manager, and there's usually just some tens of megabytes less than
your total amount of physical RAM in the worst cases.

  And you shouldn't be running RAM-heavy apps at the same time you are
playing.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message