POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ikea Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Ikea (Message 21 to 29 of 29)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Ikea
Date: 8 Apr 2008 02:36:37
Message: <47fb1275$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> And anyway, how many items of furnature does the average person buy in
>> their entire lifetime? Not damn many!
>
> They also sell lots of other stuff apart from big furniture.
>
>> So *why* the hell is Ikea always so busy?
>
> It's pretty cheap, and usually not bad quality, and the best bit is you
> can usually take the stuff home with you right there rather than having
> to wait several days (or weeks) for delivery.

Case in point:
We bought a couch and love seat set.  The couch was delivered when
promised.  We were told there "was a problem with the love seat."

A few *months* later (and we had already paid for the love seat!), we
were told by a rep from the company, "I don't know why we haven't gotten
it to you, yet!  The inventory system *still* says there's 1 in stock at
the warehouse!"

And, when we tried to complain, we were told that "things like this
happen in the furniture business all the time."

Ikea IS the warehouse.  If you can buy it in the store, it's because you
can take it home that day.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com