POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ikea : Re: Ikea Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ikea
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 9 Apr 2008 12:22:47
Message: <47fced57@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 02:04:35 -0400, Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at
> vtSPAM.edu"> wrote:
>
>> When I've gone in, usually me, 3 people cleaning up, and 4
>> cashiers/managers just standing around slacking off. Occasionally there
>> is someone restocking the shelves.
>
> Well I live in the "big city" :) and while they are not crowded it
> looks like everyone has a story. :)
> The people with fractured sleep cycles seem to gather there, maybe
> just to see another face or escape the hustle and bustle of human
> contact. As I say everyone has a story. I've worked shifts a lot and I
> tend to drift into being awake at night and sleeping during the day,
> when I'm not working.
> PS I don't like garlic or mirrors either :)

I haven't thought of hanging out at the grocery store at 3 am. I may try
that the next time, just wander the aisles and chat. I wouldn't call
this place a 'big city' but just a college town. That probably explains
why they are even open at 3am to begin with.

I switch between 30 hour days when I have a big project to work on, and
normal days other times. But since I can sleep through the upstairs
neighbor's kid running around and banging on the piano, but prefer to
work in a quieter environ, I just find myself coding from 11pm till 6am.

PS garlic = good, mirrors = bad =)