POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : X-ray image (translucent screen) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:05:56 EDT (-0400)
  X-ray image (translucent screen) (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Iodine
Subject: X-ray image (translucent screen)
Date: 15 Aug 2013 18:05:01
Message: <web.520d4fdccc26d471527609e60@news.povray.org>
How do I create a flat floor which is a translucent sheet. I want to put the
light source at the top (0, 100, 0). A flat sheet at (x, 0, z) and the camera at
0, -100, 0 looking at 0,0,0.

This is quite easy to do using ORTEP to write most of the POVray file, but how
should I make the floor a translucent screen which will scatter light and allow
me to view the shadows which are formed by the objects which I want to place
between the floor and the light source.

Sorry if it is a super basic question, I just can not see how to do it.

Post a reply to this message

> This is quite easy to do using ORTEP to write most of the POVray file, but how
> should I make the floor a translucent screen which will scatter light and allow
> me to view the shadows which are formed by the objects which I want to place
> between the floor and the light source.

Maybe an opaque plane as floor with double_illuminate could work?

But I'm not entirely sure if shadows are considered for both sides.

Post a reply to this message