POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : X-ray image (translucent screen) : Re: X-ray image (translucent screen) Server Time
14 May 2024 10:40:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X-ray image (translucent screen)
From: clipka
Date: 16 Aug 2013 05:03:54
Message: <520deafa@news.povray.org>
Am 16.08.2013 00:02, schrieb Iodine:
> How do I create a flat floor which is a translucent sheet. I want to put the
> light source at the top (0, 100, 0). A flat sheet at (x, 0, z) and the camera at
> 0, -100, 0 looking at 0,0,0.
>
> This is quite easy to do using ORTEP to write most of the POVray file, but how
> should I make the floor a translucent screen which will scatter light and allow
> me to view the shadows which are formed by the objects which I want to place
> between the floor and the light source.
>
> Sorry if it is a super basic question, I just can not see how to do it.

As already mentioned, adding the "double_illuminate" keyword to the
floor should do the trick.

As a more flexible alternative, that will allow you to trim the effect
of front- vs. backside illumination, you can use a second parameter to
the "diffuse" finish keyword, e.g.:

   texture {
     pigment { color rgb <1,1,1> }
     finish { diffuse 0.6,0.3 }
   }

In this example, 60% of all incoming light is just reflected diffusely
in the usual way, while 30% of all incoming light is emitted diffusely
on the other side.

If you use this feature, you don't need the "double_illuminate" keyword.

Note that this feature requires POV-Ray 3.7.