POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : X-ray image (translucent screen) : Re: X-ray image (translucent screen) Server Time
13 May 2024 16:49:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X-ray image (translucent screen)
From: Iodine
Date: 16 Aug 2013 03:20:01
Message: <web.520dd287109ea600527609e60@news.povray.org>
I am not sure if we are talking at cross purposes, if you take the file

  #include "colors.inc"
  #include "textures.inc"
#declare Floor_Texture     = texture {
                            pigment {color White }
                            finish { Dull } }
camera {
    location  <-4, 3, -9>
    look_at   <0, 0, 0>
    angle 48
  }
  light_source {
    <0, 100, 0>
    color White
  }
  plane {
    y, -1
    texture { Floor_Texture }
    }
  torus {
    1.5, 0.5
    texture { Brown_Agate }
    rotate <0, 150, 0>
    translate <-2, 1, 0>
  }
  cone {
    <0,1,0>, 0, <0,0,0>, 1
    texture { PinkAlabaster }
    scale <1, 3, 1>
    translate <1, 1, 2>
  }
  sphere {
    <0,1,0>,1
    texture { Sapphire_Agate }
    translate <1.5, 0, -2>
  }

then you should see three objects which are viewed from above the floor as
normally viewed.

If the camera is moved to the otherside of the floor then nothing can be seen, I
do not see how the double_illuminate will work based on the description I have
seen of it
(http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Double_Illuminate_Object_Modifier).

  #include "colors.inc"
  #include "textures.inc"