POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Curving cylinders and cones? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Curving cylinders and cones? (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Simon Lemieux
Subject: Curving cylinders and cones?
Date: 1 Oct 2000 16:25:21
Message: <39D79DE8.C3F35E29@yahoo.com>
Hi,
	I was wondering if there were a command for bending/curving/etc a cylinder or a
cone?  Where should i look in the manual for such command?  I'm currently
putting a lot of little cylinders/cones and rotate them all with a script to
give a good curving effect... but this slows the render a bit since there is
like 200 cylinders for one...

Any help will be greatly apreciated!
	Simon
--
+-------------------------+----------------------------------+
| Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |

Post a reply to this message

> I was wondering if there were a command for bending/curving/etc a cylinder or
> a cone?  Where should i look in the manual for such command?  I'm currently
> putting a lot of little cylinders/cones and rotate them all with a script to
> give a good curving effect... but this slows the render a bit since there is
> like 200 cylinders for one...

Did you consider using torii for this?  You can cut them into smaller pieces
using CSG.

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message