POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : media ?s Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  media ?s (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Paul Jones
Subject: media ?s
Date: 29 May 2001 13:13:10
Message: <3B13D843.103150FA@psu.edu>
Hi,

Sorry if these are in the manual, I could not find them... :-(

1: is it possible (if so, how?) to have 2 density maps which has one
density map dependant on the other, for instane, a bozo pattern which
fades as per a gradient y pattern?

2: in a density map, which is applied to a box 10 units high, typical
map values are:

	density{
		gradient y
		density_map {

		[0 blah...]
		[1 blah...]
			}}

does the "1" correspond to 1 unit up or 10 units up (ie: the box is
normalized with respect to the density_map). The reason I ask is that
for some reason I have forgotten all I have known about pov... and I
have lost all my old code :-(

thanks a lot

paul
--

--------------------------------------------------}
Paul Daniel Jones

pdj### [at] psuedu
http://research.chem.psu.edu/glassgrp/paul

       C            The way is near, but men
     // \           seek it afar. It is in the
    N    N          easy things, but men seek it
    |    ||         in the difficult things.
    C    C          -Menicius
     \\  /

Post a reply to this message