POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : media ?s : Re: media ?s Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media ?s
From: Chris Huff
Date: 30 May 2001 12:28:11
Message: <chrishuff-8FAEB1.11252130052001@povray.org>
In article <3b142b12@news.povray.org>, "Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom>
wrote:

> Map indices 0 to 1 are initially one POV unit.

What do you mean here? The map indices are just mapped to the density
pattern like any other map...they don't necessarily correspond to units
of distance.

> Be aware that scaling of the media object as a whole, by contrast, requires
> that you scale the media inversely.

This doesn't make sense either...I assume you are talking about scaling
the density of the media. The media feature uses the distance travelled
through the media, ignoring any effects scale would have, so you have to
scale the densities to get two objects of different sizes to look the
same.

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

<><