POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Curving cylinders and cones? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Curving cylinders and cones? (Message 4 to 13 of 23)
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Alan Kong
Subject: Re: Curving cylinders and cones?
Date: 1 Oct 2000 22:27:38
Message: <kgsfts8tajhrdkcgij66j9njmq6acnc281@4ax.com>
On Sun, 01 Oct 2000 18:01:56 -0400 Simon Lemieux wrote:

>I guess this means there are no such command as "curve" or "bend" or "twist"...
>I'll have to experiment with a few methods and see which is the best...

  This is correct. Try Chris Colefax's Object Bender include file, which
can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/

From: Margus Ramst
Date: 1 Oct 2000 22:37:38
Message: <39D7E753.FAB61044@tag.povray.org>
Simon Lemieux wrote:

> Hi,
>         I was wondering if there were a command for bending/curving/etc a cylinder
or a
> cone?

You could try the sphere_sweep object in the unofficial version of POV-Ray
called MegaPOV. I think it should do what you need (see MegaPOV docs for more
info)
Windows version is available at http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm
Unix/Linux version at http://www.mailbag.com/users/mtgordon/megapov.html

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee

>   This is correct. Try Chris Colefax's Object Bender include file, which
> can be found at:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/

Woa, thanks a lot!

--