POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Who uses POV ray? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Who uses POV ray? (Message 21 to 30 of 35)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: ingo
Subject: Re: so what are the applications?
Date: 11 Aug 2000 11:58:55
Message: <8F8DBF0FBseed7@204.213.191.228>
Adam wrote:

> Then, let me put it this way. Does anyone make good money using
> Povray.
>I'm talking computer art expos, product design teams, architects, city
>planning, anything of the sort. I haven't heard anyone say a thing
>about the usefullness of Povray.

Remco de Korte uses it for educational purposes,
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/pov.html

Ingo

From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 Aug 2000 12:58:42
Message: <chrishuff-272DAA.11594811082000@news.povray.org>
In article <3993E47A.D758ADC2@erols.com>, John VanSickle
<van### [at] erolscom> wrote:

> POV-Ray is an excellent tool for testing one's knowledge of trig and
> analytical geometry.  Without a modeler, a firm grasp of AG is
> essential in achieving the broadest variety of scenery.

Not essential...for example, I haven't taken either of them yet.(I will
be taking Analytical Geometry and Trigonometry this year.)
However, I do expect to have an easier time with those subjects because
of my experience with POV-Ray.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message