POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Who uses POV ray? : Re: Who uses POV ray? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who uses POV ray?
From: J Charter
Date: 11 Aug 2000 21:44:06
Message: <3994ABD7.88285962@aol.com>
Adam wrote:

> In other words, it seems to me that Povray has few practical
> applications.

I've never made much money  from my paintings either.  (Though enough to
raise my father-in-law's eyebrows). And further, they've been paying me good
money for a decade or more to write business programs, and as far as I can
determine, I haven't done one worth the money yet.  Povray is for depiction.
It appeals to anyone who like to observe the world.  To staying close to the
code is to stay close to the world.