POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Who uses POV ray? : my interpretation of computer art Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  my interpretation of computer art
From: Adam
Date: 11 Aug 2000 15:54:27
Message: <399459E3.3C843EE1@yahoo.com>
It is truly a privelege to hear from Nathan Kopp, the creator of MegaPov. One
thing you may have misinterpreted is what I said about artists. When I added,
"at least that's what they call themselves," I wasn't implying that they're not
artsts but think they are. On the contrary, I see them as artists, and even they
consider themselves as artists. Oh, and to me, artists are those who make images
for non-commersial purposes (such as advertisement), for non-competitive
purposes, for non-utilitarian purposes, for non-educational purposes, but more
for the sake of creating. Pardon if I missed something.
  But I would like to see an already powerful program lie Povray be more
"user-friendly," so to speak. By the way, I never really used 3D Studio Max, so
I don't know whether it has a text editor. I find it hard to believe that it
does not offer one.