POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Confining an object to within an sPatch object Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Confining an object to within an sPatch object (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: The "D"
Subject: Confining an object to within an sPatch object
Date: 23 Jan 2000 22:49:13
Message: <388bcbb9@news.povray.org>

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object
Date: 24 Jan 2000 00:28:23
Message: <ZeKLOMdA0hT0l24M1=zAfH2kxT6Z@4ax.com>
On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:51:53 -0500, "The \"D\""
<the### [at] netzeronet> wrote:

>I made a fountain with sPatch and now wish to put water in the basin.
>However I do not know what type of object would be betst to use
>(superellipsoid, extrusion, a primitave, etc.) for the water nor do I
>know how to confine that object to with in the basin of the fountain
>once I've created it.

Since you are familiar with sPatch, can't you make the water in sPatch
as well? Just an idea anyway. You can try to CSG the union of patches
sPatch exports, it may or may not work -- it shouldn't by POV laws but
there are hacks to it and I don't know how MegaPOV will treat it.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

"The \"D\"" <the### [at] netzeronet> wrote:
: (superellipsoid, extrusion, a primitave, etc.)

  What's a primitave?

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:51:53 -0500, The \"D\" <the### [at] netzeronet> wrote:

>I made a fountain with sPatch and now wish to put water in the basin.
>However I do not know what type of object would be betst to use
>(superellipsoid, extrusion, a primitave, etc.) for the water nor do I
>know how to confine that object to with in the basin of the fountain
>once I've created it.

When you look at the POV output from spatch you'll be able to work out
the size of the object you're working with, alternatively expirement
with a green sphere or something.

For the water, many people seem to get really good results with Chris
Colefax's spray macro, you can find a link to Chris's site via the
links page at http://www.povray.org

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  2:20pm  up 22:31,  4 users,  load average: 2.09, 2.06, 2.01

Post a reply to this message

Nieminen Juha <war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote in message
> "The \"D\"" <the### [at] netzeronet> wrote:
> : (superellipsoid, extrusion, a primitave, etc.)
>
>   What's a primitave?

It's a dislexic's primative ;)

Post a reply to this message

Steve <sjl### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain...

> When you look at the POV output from spatch you'll be able to work out
> the size of the object you're working with, alternatively expirement
> with a green sphere or something.

I'll keep that in mind.

> For the water, many people seem to get really good results with Chris
> Colefax's spray macro, you can find a link to Chris's site via the
> links page at http://www.povray.org

I was planing on using that for spray any way. Will it also do the water
in the basin?

Post a reply to this message