POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Confining an object to within an sPatch object : Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object
From: Peter Popov
Date: 24 Jan 2000 00:28:23
Message: <ZeKLOMdA0hT0l24M1=zAfH2kxT6Z@4ax.com>
On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:51:53 -0500, "The \"D\""
<the### [at] netzeronet> wrote:

>I made a fountain with sPatch and now wish to put water in the basin.
>However I do not know what type of object would be betst to use
>(superellipsoid, extrusion, a primitave, etc.) for the water nor do I
>know how to confine that object to with in the basin of the fountain
>once I've created it.

Since you are familiar with sPatch, can't you make the water in sPatch
as well? Just an idea anyway. You can try to CSG the union of patches
sPatch exports, it may or may not work -- it shouldn't by POV laws but
there are hacks to it and I don't know how MegaPOV will treat it.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700