POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Confining an object to within an sPatch object : Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 26 Jan 2000 17:39:15
Message: <388f7793@news.povray.org>

The "D" <the### [at] netzeronet> wrote:
> I was planing on using that for spray any way. Will it also do the
> water in the basin?

The Liquid Spray include file is really designed for particle sprays, and
although it will create puddles on flat surfaces it doesn't (yet?) allow you
to fill containers with liquid.

Instead, I might back-up Peter's suggestion of modelling the flat surface of
the liquid in sPatch as well, or perhaps a simple disc would be enough.
Either way, unless you want to give the water an interior for fading or
media, it should be enough just to model the surface with a suitable texture
for ripples and such.