POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Confining an object to within an sPatch object : Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object
From: Steve
Date: 24 Jan 2000 09:44:39
Message: <slrn88oonr.1e6.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:51:53 -0500, The \"D\" <the### [at] netzeronet> wrote:

>I made a fountain with sPatch and now wish to put water in the basin.
>However I do not know what type of object would be betst to use
>(superellipsoid, extrusion, a primitave, etc.) for the water nor do I
>know how to confine that object to with in the basin of the fountain
>once I've created it.

When you look at the POV output from spatch you'll be able to work out
the size of the object you're working with, alternatively expirement
with a green sphere or something.

For the water, many people seem to get really good results with Chris
Colefax's spray macro, you can find a link to Chris's site via the
links page at http://www.povray.org

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  2:20pm  up 22:31,  4 users,  load average: 2.09, 2.06, 2.01