POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : modeling programs Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  modeling programs (Message 5 to 14 of 24)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: See
Subject: Re: modeling programs
Date: 25 Nov 1999 22:12:17
Message: <383dfa91@news.povray.org>
Jon,
   Thanks for the suggestion. I eventually do want to do my own code, but
since I'm just..(and I mean JUST) starting out, I want to play a little bit
before I settle into learning all the finer points. I try not to think of it
as having to unlearn something later on, but more of whetting my appetite
for the main course. Are there any good sites that I can go and learn about
code, or is it all in the documentation?
Missi
Jon A. Cruz <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote in message
> See wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >      I just started exploring pov-ray and I was wondering what the best
> > modeling program, as far as freeware goes, there is to download? Any
help
> > what-so-ever is more than welcome.
> > Thanks,
> > Missi
> >
> > You can also e-mail me at   gyp### [at] vampirehuntercom
>
> Modelers are for wimps!!!!
>
> code! code! code! code!
> :-)
>
> But seriously, try to go through the documentation and follow the
examples.
> There is so much more that can be done by hand that is hard to deal with
in
> modelers. There is a bit more of a learning curve, but then you don't have
> as much to unlearn later.
>
> --
> "My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
> But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

Post a reply to this message